THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

June 10, 2009

Random Thought

So, I just found out yesterday that in the state of Utah you can legally marry your first cousin!!!!  That is, as long as both of you are over the age of 65 years of age and can prove that together you can no longer reproduce offspring.


What?

What kind of crazy messed up society is this?  I guess those first cousins out there that have secretly had crushes on each other all their life, can still tie the knot and make it work..... They just have to wait until they are senior citizens.  Geez, imagine all the "in-law" issues you could have?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I would not want to marry ANY of my first cousins. ICK

Shannon said...

Wow, that's really interesting! I'll keep that in mind if I'm still 65 and single someday :) SICK!!!

Ms. Earl said...

Thanks for enlightening my daughter with your random bits of trivia! I so wish she could have had you as a teacher. That would have been awesome!

We went to Tepanyaki tonight and when I looked up as they seated the last couple, I realized it was the parents of one of my students. Not as awkward as the time I went there and was seated with an entire family whose kids I taught.