THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

January 23, 2011

What We've been up to...

I apologize to those who have complained that I haven't updated my blog in a month.  My sister who lives in France is probably extra curious and on edge as to why I haven't posted.... Well, my motto is "no excuses," but if you must know... Dave surprised me and got me a new camera for Christmas, and though I have been taking all kinds of pictures on it, I haven't really found the time to learn how to download the pics onto our computer.  Well, I learned... so here is what we've been up to.

Christmas 2010:  What a fun time we had this year with just our little family.  We went over to my parents house on Christmas Eve for dinner and a program and then Christmas Day was just with the four of us.  Nora had such a fun time ripping open gifts, and Stratton... well, he had fun eating all the paper.

Daddy and Stratton Christmas morning 2010 excited to open gifts.

Nora VERY excited to open gifts... She couldn't wait and started doing the "open presents dance."

Strat's first Christmas... still trying to figure out what to do.

I got a lump of coal in my stocking. Funny Dave!

We loved having Dave home the whole week after Christmas.  He got to work getting "honey do" things done and our play-room refinished downstairs (pics are coming Tiff -- I promise).  Stratton is already getting to work right alongside of Daddy and loving every minute of it.

And Nora gets to work right alongside of Mommy running and training for races.  She ran a whole mile one evening after my run.  I was so impressed.  Not bad for a just turned 3 year old!

Need I say more?


By the way, an update on Strat's Plagiocephaly.  We go in for his first appointment with a cranial-specialist this coming Wednesday for an assessment and measurement for his helmet. Will keep you posted.



3 comments:

Erin said...

love that she's on the treadmill! i haven't run on mine since ella lost the emergency stop key.. thing won't work. i have a new one saved in my amazon cart but am trying to find another $12 worth of stuff i actually need so i can get the super-saver free shipping. :-) whatever i have to tell myself...

The Pierce Family said...

Great pics. I love the updates, and I can't believe Nora ran a whole mile!! Incredible. Can't wait for more. . .

MVP said...

Erin, love your comment. You could always get a book, or you could find a nice lamp :)

I love that Nora has a dance for just about everything, it's pretty awesome. Dave should be expecting LOTS of coal next year :)