I know, I know... It's been a while since I last posted. We've been crazy busy all summer and fall. But my new years resolution is to stay current on this Blog, since it's pretty much taken the place of my journal. So in my efforts to keep it updated, I'm starting my resolution early. Here is what we've been up to the last few months (ok, half year).
Summer 2012:
.JPG) |
| In June Orem does a fun Carnival each year called Orem Fest. The kids had a ball riding the rides and eating carnival food. |
.JPG) |
| Take the Wheel Strat! |
.JPG) |
| Her first attempt at "NO Hands!"! |
.JPG) |
| Carnival Corn Dogs... Can't get any more greasy, but Stratton sure dug it! |
 |
| My two handsome boys enjoying a beautiful summer morning. |
California Trip: This summer we also took a trip to San Diego for the Whitworth reunion. The kids had so much fun at Sea World, the Zoo and the beach. They also enjoyed playing with all their cousins and Grandpa and Grandma Whitworth of course.
 |
| Whitworth cousins waiting to get into the San Diego Zoo. |
 |
| Three Generations at San Diego Zoo. Dave, Grandpa Clynn and Stratton. |
|
|
 |
| I think she's getting her Beach workout? --At San Clemente Beach State Park. |
 |
| More Beach Fun! We spent the whole day there. |
 |
| Enjoying the Beach with all the cousins. |
 |
| Enjoying the pretty fish at the Aquarium |
 |
| Watching the dolphins up close at Sea World. Strat got to touch one and Nora got to throw a fish to another. Very Fun! |
 |
| Strat with is favorite uncle Josiah watching the Shamu show. |
 |
| Nora could have spent hours at the Sea Star exhibit. |
 |
| Strat could have spent hours getting beat up by girls in the kid pit. |
Fall 2012:
.JPG) |
| I did my share of canning this season. It felt like it would never end! If I can remember everything, this year I preserved: apple pie filling, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, stewed tomatoes, canned peaches, canned green chilies, pumpkin puree, fruit leather, dried strawberries, smoothie packs, frozen spinach.... probably more I'm forgetting, but I blocked it out. |
 |
| In Grandma Black's pumpkin patch. |
 |
| In October, Dave did the Tough Mudder race in Tooele. It's a 13 mile race with 24 military-style obstacles. It took them about 4 hours to finish and he was so dirty and sore afterward. Here he is with his team before the race. |
 |
| The picture says it all! He's already talking about doing it next year. |
 |
| Grandpa and Grandma Whitworth came up in October to visit and they took the kids fishing. They didn't get anything but it sure made for a cute picture. |
 |
| And yes, potty training at its finest! |
Halloween 2012:
 |
| Super Hero Day at school. Nora with her Pierce cousins (living with us temporarily) Jocelyn, Jenica and Maisy being super girl heroes! |
 |
| At the Ward Halloween Party. |
 |
| Chomp Chomp! Suited him well! |
WINTER 2012:
 |
| In
November we took the kids to the train show in Sandy, UT. Nora rode
her first train and wasn't very impressed. Strat said it was too
scary so he sat back and watched (we didn't mind, it saved us $4 bucks!) |
.JPG) |
| Dave got the kids snow shoes. Mostly they spent a lot of time falling down and getting back up again but they did enjoy it. |
 |
| Such a cute picture, which I could have been in it. |
 |
| I learned how to make authentic Tamales. A super pain to make but oh so good! |
.JPG) |
| Strat is becoming quite the Baker. He loves to help Mommy cook or do anything in the kitchen (just like his sister). Here he is making rolls for our "post Thanksgiving feast" with Josiah. |
 |
| That's my Boy! I love his flour smudge on his face. His apron says: "Baker in Training" |
 |
| We went up to Idaho for Thanksgiving this year and to visit Grandma Leona. The highlight of the trip was going up the mountains and cutting down a Christmas tree. Nora had so much fun picking the perfect one out and then "helped" Daddy cut it down. |
 |
| Finally, a complete Family Pic. We need to work on getting more of these! |
 |
| One of my favorite things to do is put up the Christmas Decorations. I love this time of year... minus the cold weather! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment