This weekend as I was sitting there with a hurt back watching my husband play with and take care of Nora... I realized I have a lot to be grateful for. Here are a few I thought of (in no particular order)
1. Our Jobs: Both Dave and I have jobs that pay our bills and still allow us to save and have a little left over. That is a huge blessing!
2. My Sweet Baby Nora: She teaches me patience constantly, makes me laugh, humbles me and forces me to be less selfish.
3. My Amazing Husband: He works so hard and is always trying to make himself a better man. He also loves his girls!
4. Our Food Storage: Thanks mom for always pushing the importance of that to us and for always finding the good deals for us.
5. The Gospel: Where would I be without this wonderful Gospel? General Conference rocked this last weekend. I am especially grateful for the power of forgiveness.
6. My Quilting Hobby: I love that I have an "out" that I can go downstairs to sew and make something cool to keep or give away.
7. My Three Sisters: They are my best friends. I talk to at least one of them every day!
8. My Education: I have seen what happens to people who are not educated and the way most of them struggle and try to live day to day.
9. Modern Medicine: How lucky we are to be able to have epidurals, immunizations, medications, Tylenol, competent doctors, etc.
10. My Freedom: I can't express enough how grateful I am to be a citizen of the red, white and blue! I am already praying for our new elected president. God help him.
October 12, 2008
The Economy Sucks.... But I am Grateful!
Posted by Heather Whitworth at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You're so cute, Heather. I MISS YOU!! I hope your back is feeling better.
You are a sweety to think of all of those things while you are down and out. Get better soon!
Heather- I love how positive you are! And that you have your priorities straight. This financial crisis is deepening our societies heartache. But if every person would remember what is most important, they would be able to find some joy amongst the loss.
The title of this post says it all!
Wait, what's wrong with your back? Is it the same thing that has been bothering you for a couple weeks now? And can I assume that by your multiple posts in the past week that you now have internet? If so, yay for you! :)
What a cute family you have Heather. Not sure if you remember me, but i wanted to say hi!
I am also grateful that our family hasn't started any fistfights over this election...
Post a Comment