THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

December 6, 2008

Beware of The 12 Hour Monster!!!

It's going around everyone ... and it is aweful! Though this "bug" only lasts about a day, it is truly hell. First Nora had it on Thursday (the poor thing) and then I got it the next day. Between my runs to the bathroom every couple of minutes and my laying on the couch wishing I was dead for the other parts... I really hope none of you have to experience that. Here are some tips I read about to keep this monster away:
1.) No sharing of food, utensils, cups, etc. with people in the same household.
2.) Wash hands frequently, if you are not near any soap and water... Use sanitizer!
3.) Throw your toothbrush away and get a new one after you recover. Those bugs like to hang out and contaminate anything close by.
4.) Don't reuse bath towels while you are sick. Wash them after every shower.
5.) No kissing while you are sick!

If the Monstor does attack, here is what helped me....
1.) If they will stay down, Pepto Bismo, Sprite and Saltine Crackers do help and make you feel a little better.
2.) See if your spouse can take the day off or at least a half day off. It helped a ton.
3.) Watch happy movies. It makes you take your mind off of how bad you feel.
4.) Keep your hair pulled back at all times... Just in case (trust me!)
4.) Get lots of rest and take it easy. Let your body heal.
5.) Good Luck!

3 comments:

McArthur Family said...

Oh, Heather, that sounds miserable!! I'm so sorry.

Amy Jenks said...

Oh my goodness that sounds bad. I'm so sorry. I hope it doesn't make its way to MO. Thanks for the tips if it does.

Unknown said...

This is pitiful! GROSS!