THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

November 30, 2008

Nora's Room

Ok, since we've moved into our house, some of my blogging friends have asked to see what we've done to the house so far.... So, I will start with one of my favorite rooms. It has been so much fun making Nora's room all girly and cute. I love pink and brown together and hope that when she is big enough to realize what colors are, she will like them too. Here's a little looksie...

This is wood lettering from the craft store painted white and then modge-podged with scrapbook paper. Messy, but super fun. I'm just glad Nora has a short name :) The bunny and plaque are from her great aunts. Shelf bought at a yard sale and painted brown.


Her baby quilt and bumper pads were the first thing I made, and then with some of the leftover scraps made the pillow to match. She likes to pick it up and throw it over the edge of the crib.


The curtains I made while we were still in our condo, and when we went to put them up on the curtain rod in the new house, realized they were way to short. I added the last two strips on the bottom recently to keep the light out a little better.


Wall hanging with more leftover scraps (measures 30" square).


Another view of the crib.... We decided to go with a simple tan color on the walls so if we need to someday put a boy in this room, it would still work (no I'm not hinting at anything). More house pictures to come later.

6 comments:

McArthur Family said...

Heather!!! I love it!!! What a darling little girls room! Way to go on the quilting!

Miss Heather said...

You did a great job, Heather. I think it's adorable!

Rebecca said...

Adorable! Just curious, though--whatever happened to the jungle print that you had in the condo?

Unknown said...

Will you come decorate my house please?

Nicole said...

How cute! I love her room. It is awesome that you did everything in there...if I could just have a little bit of your creativity and craftiness! :-)

Kale said...

Very cute! I need your address would you mind sending it to me? kalesnyder@gmail.com Thanks!