Well, the much anticipated day came yesterday. We received the call from Excell Eye Center that Nora's glasses had arrived. Funny, the day before, Nora had found her giraffe sunglasses in a drawer and brought them to me to put on her. She would walk around laughing at how things looked through the sunglasses for a few minutes and then take them off. Maybe she knew and was just getting ready. She seems to always be like that. We went to the doctor's office, and he fitted her with her first pair of very thick glasses. She didn't want to keep them on at all, but once we got outside, she would keep them on for about 5 minutes tops. That's 4.5 minutes longer than the sunglasses ever stayed on. She was definitely seeing something different. That was basically the story the rest of the day. Dad made it a game. If she wanted to play with the glasses case, which she did, the glasses had to stay on. Once they came off, the case and toys went away also. Of course she got tired, probably had a headache from the glasses, and went to sleep after a good dose of Tylenol.
Today, however, she kept them on no problem through two different sitters and all evening. She likes them and doesn't like them to be off anymore. How quickly we adapt to a new environment, especially when we're little and we don't know any different.
January 15, 2009
Our Cute Little Bat...
Posted by Heather Whitworth at 7:25 PM
Labels: Nora's glasses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
YAY! I'm glad everything is going to be okay.
I bet she is L O V I N G being able to see! (and props to her for keeping them on --I can't even imagine if Laex had to wear glasses -yikes!)
Those are some good looking glasses. I hope everything works out well.
What a cute, sweet girl! It makes me so happy that she can see now! Life is going to be so much more enjoyable for her :)
She looks AMAZING in glasses. I love it! What a darling little girl. Seriously. I LOVE how she looks!
I bet she is so happy to see now!
Ahhh, she's so cute!
AAAHH! She looks so dang cute in them too. I'm glad she's adjusting well!
Thank you thank you thank you, Heather, for inviting me to your blog. I love reading about your family! I'm so glad everything is okay with Nora and that she's adjusting to the glasses so well. When I heard she was going to need glasses I was really feeling for you. What a roller coaster for you guys.... I'm glad it's all good. Will she have to wear glasses for the rest of her life?
Those glasses are so cute on her. I'm so glad she was able to keep them on after only 2 days! That's a real blessing!
Love the Blog you two. Keep it up. And make sure you continue taking good care of my niece.
They are SOOO cute on her! I love it. Can't wait to see them in person! I hope things continue to go well.
Post a Comment