THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

January 8, 2009

Our Christmas D.C. Trip

During Christmas break Dave and I took a trip to Washington D.C. to visit his two sisters (Erin on the left and Katie on the right). It was quite the adventure traveling with a one year old and getting her use to a two hour time change. But we had a great time and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Thanks Jim and Erin for being such great hosts!

In front of our Nations Capital Building. The weather was amazing and so many people were out doing the same thing we were. I can't imagine how the craziness will be in a few weeks when Obama makes history....


Nora (left) finally got to meet her two cousins Ella and Ellianna. It was so fun seeing these three play together.


The Botanical Gardens were my favorite.... They had a huge train display all made out of plants and anything organic they could find. Here is the Washington Monument behind us made out of pressed leaves and bark. Very cool!



CHRISTMAS DAY!

Mmmm, our future rock star...


Erin cooked like a mad woman Christmas morning. The food was awesome!!! I went home with lots of recipes.

Thanks Grandma Leona for the knitted hat and matching mittens. So cute!!!

6 comments:

Miss Heather said...

What a fun trip and fun Christmas!! I've never been to DC but I've always wanted to go. I'm jealous! You guys look like you had a blast.

Taylor Family said...

Heather, what fun it looks like you had! I LOVE the picture of you and family in the botanical gardens. Definitely frame worthy!

Jen said...

WOW! Time flies so fast. Nora is already a year old! I love the ice skating adventure...crazy! I love DC too...great trip!

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Hey Girl! Oh thanks so much! those pics were takin at the tracks by our house.. Oh I mis you guys so much.. I was just thinking about the good ol days livig at the condos by you guys.. I LOVED it! Im so excited you guys found a house. Im sure you are loving it! Oh by the way you look fantastic.. Back to your skinny self again :)

Unknown said...

You bet we are watching! I love it!

Yeah, she sure is crazy, but I LOVE how Bob freaked out. I thought it was hysterical.

So sad that Jerry had to go home. SO SAD.

I miss you! Love ya!

Mel said...

Do you just love your ergo baby??? We love that thing and so does Bree. Looks like you guys had a blast!!