Baby boy Stratton Clynn Whitworth has arrived! Born at 1:32am early Friday morning (March 19th) weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 19.5 inches long. He has red hair, loves to eat and is the sweetest little thing.
Here's the run down...
My water broke Thursday after running some errands and coming home from work (thank goodness that didn't happen at school). We called auntie MVP to come stay the night and went to the hospital 2 hours later with contractions. Checked in, got all hooked up to the I.V. and epidural, dialated to a full 10 just 2 hours after that, pushed 3 times in a five minute period and he was here. Wow! Talk about two totally different experiences with my two deliveries!
He had some breathing problems at first as his lungs were slightly retracted and he had low blood sugar making him shake a bit... But after some breathing treatments and some mommy lovin' he is doing awesome!
We are all doing well, including Nora as she loves to hug and kiss her "baby-baby" as she calls him... We asked her in the hospital if baby Strat could come live with her at her house and she excitedly agreed. I'm surprised she is adjusting so well to him, for now at least. Although, Dave hasn't gone back to work yet... that will be scary when he does.
Thanks everyone for your love, support, visits and gifts you have sent to welcome Stratton into the world. We feel so lucky and blessed to have our little family of four home healthy and safe. Love you all!
Ok, time to go feed the baby!
March 22, 2010
Hello World!
Posted by Heather Whitworth at 10:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh he is perfect! Can't wait till I can sneak away from my house and come see him in person :)
Congratulations! He is so cute. I can't wait for mine to get here. I can't believe you are going back to work the first week in May--you are amazing! By the way did I tell you how cute Strat is :-)
How exciting!!! He looks like a Pederson in the first picture.
Congratulations! He is so dang cute!
Congrats! He's adorable! Enjoy every minute - it goes by way too quickly.
Yay!! So happy for you guys! It was so fun to see you at the hospital! I love the pic of the three of you, Dave has the proudest smile on his face - too sweet!! Congrats again!
~Chandi
That's SO AWESOME!! I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!! He's gorgeous!
Congrats Heather. I am so excited for you and your family.
Post a Comment