THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

May 17, 2010

Dry all Week....

Nora woke up one morning last week and wanted to get on the potty.  I was all for it and surprisingly she went both #1 and #2.  So I did this little jiggy dance and cheered and clapped for her (you know, I pulled out some skills from my 8th grade cheer-leading days).  Plus, I gave her a little gift that I had been saving for some bribe to her (this was a perfect occasion I thought).  I called it her "poo-poo present" and she LOVED it!  Almost too much... From then on she was hooked and wanted to go poo-poo and pee-pee all day long and the rest of the week on the potty, and of course get a present and see the poo-poo dance from Mommy.

Well, I guess it worked because she has stayed dry all week... even at night she wakes up dry.  So we are thrilled that she is getting potty trained and out of diapers.  Dave says it's going to be like a pay raise not buying diapers for two kids any more.  However, all that extra money is going toward "poo-poo presents".  Sigh... at least I don't have to change so many diapers anymore.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I am SOOO jealous. Ella wakes up dry but then is just too lazy to get to the bathroom and just pees into her pull-up. She's been poo-trained for over a year, but the second I bragged about it, she proceeded to make my friend's bathroom require a top-to-bottom deep clean. 'Nuff said. lol

Beth said...

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Amy Jenks said...

Congratulations!
Oh - and they remember those presents for a very, very long time. :) It's almost like you have to ween them from gifts after a while. ;)
I still am required to do a little dance after #2 every once-in-a-while. (She's been potty trained for over 1.5 years.) HAHAHA

Beth said...

P.S. Just wondering if we can get a video on the blog of the poo poo ance ;)

Unknown said...

Hey. I wonder if this would work for Nora. IT would be RAD if it did.

http://mygoodfriendsblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/cheap-eyeglasses.html