THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

September 17, 2010

The Crazy Mama's Trithalon Relay

My two girl friends Michele and Susie and I set a goal to do the Yuba Lake Triathlon (olympic distance) last weekend as a relay team.  Thus, our team name was "The Crazy Mama's" ...  Of course Susie is a total die hard and was already planning to do all three legs (you know as a support for her two newbie teammates to the sport).  My plan was to do just the 25 mile bike leg after Susie's swim and then hand off the baton to Michele who would then do the 6 mile run.  However, as a last second change of plans... Susie and I finished our bike legs and she "talked me into" running a little bit with her.  Of course I can't say no and started running with her thinking I would turn around after a mile or so because of my jell-o legs.  Nope... we got another wave of adrenaline and kept each other company until the end of the race.  The three of us finished the race together as the Crazy Mama team.  What a fun race!  I'm totally planning on doing this again, but next time I want to do all three events.  What a rush!!!

"The Crazy Mama's"... Notice how Susie is the only one with a tough face on?  She is the the tougher Mama that's for sure!



Me and my borrowed bike.  I really need to save my money and get my own!

3 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

A triathalon--Amazing! Even more amazing that you did the Olympic distance. Way to go!

McArthur Family said...

ok, seriously, you are amazing! And I have to say the pic of your little girl in the apron and hat is so fitting! I bet you just smiled the whole time.

Shannon said...

That's awesome, Heather! I know two others who did that triathalon. I should have gone to go cheer for everyone!