THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

February 13, 2011

France Trip

I'm leaving for France in 3 days!  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.  My 2 sisters and my Mom are going to visit my other sister Tiffany who lives there.  All the husbands are staying home (bless them!)  I have never been to Europe and am feeling pretty clueless going over there.  Any great tips or advice you can give???

5 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

Eat all the gelato and macaroons you can find. Paul macaroon's were my favorite. There are so many sites to see but some particular ones I still remember are the river ferry boat tour of Paris, walking along the champes ellyse going to the Arch de Triumph, and with so many museums to choose from my favorite were Musee Rodin, Orsay museums (my favorite), and yes the Louvre is a hot spot. But don't try to do all of the Louvre--go with someone who can just show you the famous paintings/statues so you don't get lost and waste time there.

There is some great shopping but H&M was my favorite store to stop by.

lastly, this will take the whole day but going to see the Palace of Versie was probably my all-time favorite place in France. We rented bikes and rode through the gardens, forest, and ponds. I felt like I was at Pemberly!

This is too long of a post. I am jealous. Have a blast. You will love it.

Adam and Brittany said...

correction: I meant "palace of versailles"

Miss Heather said...

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!! You've got to spend as much time as possible in Paris... Versailles is amazing, the Louvre, yummy crepe stands everywhere... I'm SO JEALOUS! :)

Erin said...

I'm so excited for you! Definitely eat gelato. I've never been out of the Charles de Galle airport so I can't give any advice on sightseeing things. Just take everything in stride, have a separate wallet in a readily accessible place to throw on the ground in case you get mugged (Murphy's Law says if you're prepared, likely nothing will happen), and parles-tu le francais! You're going to have a blast. Maybe you'll get that travel bug so you'll want to come visit us next year. ;-)

Unknown said...

Love every second! And have a blast!