This is a sad post... Remember our beautiful new room we refinished over Christmas break? It flooded a few weeks ago with all this rain we got in May. The rain gutter overloaded, water poured into the window well, and gallons and gallons of muddy rain water leaked into our basement. I discovered it one Friday morning when I went down there, stepped onto the waterlogged carpet and my entire foot was covered in water. It took a week to dry it all out. We enjoyed that room for only 5 months, now it is pretty much back to were we started.... sigh! :(
| Our brand new carpet loaded with nasty smelling water. The carpet pad worked like a big huge sponge and took forever to dry out. |
| ServePro came in and dried everything out for us. |
| Bye bye pretty laminate and brand new baseboards. Now the next step is replacing it all AGAIN! |
2 comments:
Oh, Heather, I was SO sad when MV told me about this!!! It was the perfect room. I'm SO sorry it happened to you. I'm glad you didn't get any mold growth, though.
How heartbreaking. You are sure it won't happen again after you replace it all?
Post a Comment