Yep, I'm one of those crazy people that ran part of the 192 miles of the Wasatch Back Ragnar this last weekend and now have a cool window sticker to put in my car. We started in Logan and ran all the way to Park City in a relay format. We each ran three legs over a 2 day period, my combined total was about 20 miles. I was on my sisters team with a group of awesome ladies from her neighborhood. We had a great time, despite the sleep deprivation, and soooo many hours in the van. We finished 15th in the women's open with a time of 31 hours. Our team name was: "Mom's Just Wanna Have Fun!" And that we did! We had a combined total of 50 children among the 12 women on our team. Here are some pics of our adventure.
 |
| These are the first of our "kills" (a kill is when you pass someone anytime during your run). By the end of the race, when you are on your third leg and dead tired, anyone you pass is an accomplishment for sure. Let's just say we ran out of room for the final tally of our road kill :) We rocked! |
 |
| Waiting at the exchange point on Avon Pass (one of the hardest legs in our van, which I am happy I did not run). We did a lot of waiting. Butch is in the front having an awesome time, can you tell? He was our studly driver. |
 |
| Almost finished with all our legs. Just waiting for our 5th runner. We need a shower so bad! |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures. This is my sister Lisa and her husband Butch. It's 1:00am, they both just finished an 8.3 miler straight up hill and look how happy they are. My question is, are they most happy to be done with their run, or happy to be able to sleep now? |
 |
| Hmmm, shall we wait some more? |
 |
| I know, let's take a picture while we wait! |
 |
Me, Lisa and Butch waiting at the finish line for our final runner to bring it home.
|
 |
| Ok, one more Lisa while we wait. |
 |
| This is everyone but me who is taking the picture and Natalie who is still running leg 12.... Yep, we are just waiting. |
 |
All 12 of us got to finish together. Very cool!
|
5 comments:
What an accomplishment! I wonder if you ever want to do it again. . .
Congrats! So, that pic of Lisa and Butch--I kept looking at it wondering, "Where's Lisa? Why is Heather taking a pic with Lisa's husband?" It took me a few minutes. You have the same smile!
You are AWESOME! I've always admire those who Ragnar!!! You rock!
This is actually from Clynn, not Kathy:
That sounds like a lot of "fun!"
Oh does this bring back memories. A friend in the ward asked me to run it this year and I said no. From the looks of your multiple ragnar shirts it looks like you caught the bug. I also caught up on some of your other posts. You aren't working next year? Go you! We need to get together soon for a playdate to catch up. Miss you!
Post a Comment