I love before and after shots, really I do.... That's why I am always taking pictures of stuff like that. I thought it would be fun to show you some B & A's we've been doing around here:
BEFORE (Project #1)
 |
| Hello big fat ugly overgrown tree!... It's time to put you to R.E.S.T! This was our (mostly Dave's) big Saturday project yesterday. |
 |
| Doesn't Dave look handsome holding a chain saw? Geez, that tree is so ugly! |
AFTER
 |
| Much better looking corner now. The house got a face lift! |
 |
| We decided to leave the stump in place since the gas line runs right below it. Yikes! Plus, the stump there adds some cool landscaping texture appeal (yeah, that sound good). We'll add flowers and some more whatever's there in the spring. We chose a Dwarf Japanese Maple to accent the new corner. Isn't it so cute! |
BEFORE (Project #2)
 |
| Stratty has no problem helping us out. My sister Lisa came over to help can Marina Sauce with me this last week. Notice the tomato guts on Strat's nose and face. Bless his heart! |
 |
| Lots of stirring, lots of reducing... |
AFTER
 |
| 21 quarts of pretty canned Marina Sauce! Can I eat you for dinner? | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
BEFORE (Project #3)
 |
| This was our SAD, SAD downstairs "Guest Bathroom." Yes, it's called that, but I always felt so bad when guests had to use it. It was VERY ugly! |
|
 |
| This nasty linoleum was yellowing, curling up and had black mildew on the edges.... Shutter! |
 |
| When we bought this house 3 years ago, there were surprises like this around every corner... literally! I mean honestly, did someone just get bored one day and decide to take a crow bar to the door trim? I don't get it? |
 |
| The large empty wall with big holes in it.... Interesting. |
 |
| OK, I really can't handle these pictures, they are bringing back bad memories. Do you see the black mold in the upper corner? When we removed the baseboards it was there having a party. We had to KILL it all with bleach. |
 |
| Once all the wall holes and warped ceiling was patched and the paint got up on the wall, I was actually getting excited to finish this project of death. Dave ripped up the linoleum and found lots of moldy surprises under that. Here he is bleaching it, scraping up the 25 year old glue and putting a seal over the concrete to prevent this from happening again. |
AFTER
 |
| The completed tile job. Isn't Dave awesome? It looks soooo good! And it doesn't wreak of the 80's anymore... (umm, sorry if that offended anyone). |
 |
| The side wall now. Holes are only where they are supposed to be now. With new pretty silver racks for the towels. |
 |
| I'm a sucker for a pretty finished CLEAN baseboard (we went with the 6 inch boards and they look great). And see the corner by the door? It got some love too (by me, I actually did that patch job, are you impressed?). Now sometimes I go downstairs to use this bathroom just because I like to look at it. |
3 comments:
Glad your new little tree is a dwarf; I was a little worried at first when I saw the photo ("don't they realize that cute little trees grow...?") :-)
And I had forgotten what your basement bathroom used to look like. You've done such a great job on it; and what's even cooler is that it is not dated to ANY decade; it is just a perfect reflection of your family and your interests--and I love the little fish lamp :-)
You're my hero! How do you do it all? :)
Nice work and the b & a projects!
Post a Comment