THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

Another Halloween has come to an end.  I actually have enjoyed Halloween much more now that I have kids.  I love how excited they get and how much fun they have with costumes, trick-or-treating and of course getting the candy.  Our fun Halloween weekend started off Saturday by running 13 miles in the Halloween Half Marathon (well, I did and Dave and the kids came and watched.)  Then we went to the ward Trunk-or-Treat followed by the Haunted Creek at my sister Lisa's house.  They did a Wild West theme this year and it was so awesome!  The kids were wiped out after Saturday... and as an added bonus, they got to go Trick-or-Treating on Monday too!  Here are some pics from our Halloween 2011:

The Halloween Half is more "fun" in the sense that 90% of the participants run the race in full costume.  I decided to be a bat this year and ran with a cape which was not a good idea as it kept getting in the way.  I should have taken the advice from The Incredibles.... "No Cape!"   Oh well, at least my cute family came to support me.
My sister Lisa (as a Pirate) and me after the race.
My good friend Susie (as a Cheerleader), Lisa and me.  The weather was AWESOME!  We couldn't have asked for better. 
My cute little Tiger and Pirate getting ready for the Trunk-or-Treat.  Take notice how Nora had to wear her eye patch.  I highly doubt pirates back in the day ever had to wear an eye patch WITH glasses.  Geez!
I think Strat wore his tiger head hoodie for a total of 3.2 seconds, then he figured how to pull it off and it never went back up again.  Poor kid, his head is just too BIG!
We worked on "Aaarrgg" and how to use a pirate hook that evening.
Nora loved how many pirates there were at the Trunk-or-Treat.  She wanted to go over and hang out with anyone who was dressed the same....How sweet, "costume bonding."  Here is Nora with our neighbor.
More adorable kids dressed as pirates
Brody is a cute down syndrome young man in our ward that was LOVING every minute of matching with Nora.
As if they didn't already have enough candy?!, Monday night we went Trick-or-Treating with our awesome neighbor friends the Taylors.  Aren't they all so cute?
Strat stayed home and passed out candy with Daddy and Uncle Josiah.  These glasses were from Josiah's "Nerd Costume."  I just thought they looked so cute on Stratty.  His shirt says:  "Daddy's little Monster" .... oh, and that he is!!!  Hope your Halloween was as Spooktacular as ours!

3 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

I'm glad you clarified what Lisa's costume was. I couldn't quite tell. Your kids looked darling in their costumes.

Erin said...

that's amazing that josiah's glasses actually seem to fit Stratt! Great job on the half marathon!

Clynn'sKathy said...

Ditto Erin's comment--I can't believe that JOSIAH's glasses fit Strat!!!!