THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

December 18, 2011

Nora's Pinkalicious Party

When Nora was born exactly a week away from Christmas, I vowed I would keep her Birthday and Christmas separate for her.  Today our sweet Nora turned 4 years old!  We've had such a fun ride being her parents.  Thank you Nora for being an awesome daughter.  We sure love you!  Yesterday we celebrated Nora's big day by having a Pinkalicious Party.  One of her favorite books is "Pinkalicious" by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann, which we made into a party.  It was so much fun planning and preparing for it because Nora had just as much fun as I did getting things ready.  Here are some pics of her Pinkalicious party:

Nora showing off her cute Pinkalicious outfit Mommy made.  She asked all her party guests to wear PINK (boys could wear Red, a deeper shade of pink of course!)

Nora and Mommy being Pinkalicious together.  Could this child be any HAPPIER?

The decorations were so fun to do/make.  This party banner I used up a bunch of pink fabric scraps I had (some left over from Nora's skirt).  I can even use it for baby showers too.
Instead of party hats, the girls got pink hair bows and the boys got to wear bow ties.  They all looked so adorable.
More fun decorations and Pink treats.  Nora and I sat over the big bulk bin at Winco and picked out all the pink colored taffy's and caramels.  Anything for a pink party eh?

Found this great balloon to go with the theme.
This was the party favor cake.  Each slice was full of pink goodies and treats for the kids to take home with a thank you note on top.
The spread.  It was MUCH easier to find pink sweet things to eat vs. heathy ones.  We came up with pink yogurt, purple grapes and ham roll-ups for the healthier choices.
Here's some of the sweet food we had.  Pink wafer cookies and pink marshmallows dipped in chocolate and crushed graham cracker crumbs.
Pink Magic Fairy Wands

Raspberry Pink Lemonade.  Simple and so good.
I tried to mimic the cupcakes from the book.  Used a red gumdrop instead of a cherry (cheaper).

Pinkalicious Cake!  I can't believe she's already 4!

Waiting so patiently for the party to begin...
We started the party by reading the book Pinkalicious.  Dave is such a great story reader.

Then we cracked open a cupcake Pinata.

The Pinkalcious group.  Say Cheese!

We Danced... Strat was by far the entertainment on the dance floor.  He would sway back and forth to the music, then stop and scowl when we starting laughing at him.
Make a wish and blow out the candles Nora girl.
Opening presents....  Please take notice of her buddy Christian's shirt... It says "Tough guys wear PINK!"  Love it, so perfect!

Such a cutie!  Happy Birthday Nora!  We sure love you!

5 comments:

Erin said...

YAY!!!! I -almost- felt like I was there for her party! Love it. Love the decorations. How did you do the cake slices for the favors? Very cool idea. Oh, I so wish we could have been there. Happy Birthday, Nora!!!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! Everything turned out so well!!! So much pink, and she's such a happy girl!!!

The Pierce Family said...

You outdid yourself, Heather! Looked amazing. Give Nora an extra big squeeze from us.

Brandy Taylor said...

It was such a beautiful party! We loved being there. Every detail was so fun and fabulous. Good Job MOMMY!

Liberti said...

So Cute Heather! What a fun party! Right down my alley with all that PINK :)