THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 16, 2012

First Tri of the Season -- Telos T3

After training all winter I had my first Triathlon of the season on Saturday.  It was the Timp Telos Tri (T3) and it felt great to be back into Tri racing again.  It rained all weekend and of course I was worried about the bike portion being cold and slick, but the sun came out and it turned out to be a great morning and race after all.  I placed 1st in my 30-34yr. age division and was the 6th female finisher overall.  My time was 1:10 for a 3 mile run, 10 mile bike and 400 meter swim.  My Mom and Brother-in-law Butch came out to watch.  Thanks guys!

This is my favorite sight of a Triathlon.  All those bike lined up ready to race.
After the race, waiting for the results.

Me and my Mom.  She rocks!
On the podium with the age division placers.  I think the 3rd place girl left early?

2 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

Wahoo!! First in your age division!!

McArthur Family said...

You won!!! That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!