Mother's Day is probably my favorite holiday (if you want to call it that). I get to be spoiled by my cute family and I get to enjoy and celebrate motherhood. This year I got to sleep in, have a nice breakfast made for me, and got cute little paper crafts made by my kiddos in church excitedly given to me. Plus I got a cute little present, wrapped by Nora with a handful of dried up clover leaves in it. It was such a special little gift that she worked very hard on to wrap all by herself and give me. She said it was to give me good luck! After church, my side of the family came over and we had a BBQ done completely by the men. It was nice to not have to plan, set-up or cook for a family dinner. We had a great time and finished the evening with homemade Rhubarb Strawberry Cheesecake and Pie made by my awesome Hubby.
I have really enjoyed my time this past year to stay home full-time with my kids. Yes I miss teaching and my classroom, but I love staying home more. It's a blessing that I know a lot of women want but are unable to get to do. Clover or not, I do feel very lucky and grateful to have great kids, a wonderful husband and the opportunity to be a Mother.
 |
| Me and my Stratty boy (Nora is too busy playing with her cousins to stop for a picture). |
 |
| Dave made these ALL.BY.HIMSELF! Yep, he's pretty cool, and they tasted amazing too! |
2 comments:
um...those desserts look awesome.
Don't you love it that Dave is not only a great cook, but he's got that artistic touch, as well?!!
Breakfasts have never been the same since he stopped cooking them at our house....
Post a Comment