I've had a lot of fun (if you want to call it that) refinishing some furniture lately. I (or my mom) picked up these pieces at yard sales and then I gave them a new look with some time and elbow grease. It's pretty fun looking at the before and after pictures, some of them don't even look like the same piece of furniture. I've done more than the ones below, but didn't get pictures in time. But I have about 5 other pieces waiting in my garage for some attention... so there will be more to come. Some may call it a new hobby... I call it a way to earn some new mad money! :)
Piano Bench BEFORE:
 |
| Had some nasty stains and a wobbly front leg that I fixed, then I sanded, primed and painted it gloss black. |
Piano Bench AFTER:
 |
| Sold it for $45 |
End Table BEFORE:
 |
| Oh this piece was so sad looking, I was almost bugged at my mom for picking it up for $5 bucks at a yard sale. |
End Table AFTER:
 |
| I honestly couldn't believe the transformation on it. It's amazing what a facelift can do. |
 |
| I liked it so much, I put it in my own house (ok, I guess I'm not bugged at my Mom after all). |
Night Stand BEFORE:
 |
| I had plans to paint this one red, but my sister saw it and made a custom color order to put it in her daughter's room. Green instead of Red. No problem! |
 |
| It was such a great shade of green. I also put a charcoal glaze on it to capitalize on all the unique spaces and shapes on it. Then I polished the handle pulls to make them look shiny and new. Turned out really cute! Sold it for $65. |
Night Stand BEFORE:
 |
| Another nightstand with some potential. This picture was after its baptism by sanding. |
Night Stand AFTER:
 |
| In the makeover, it got a glossed poly coat and brand new silver knobs to give it a more updated look. Sold it for $50 |
Mirror BEFORE:
 |
| I found this heavy solid mirror at a yard sale. |
Mirror AFTER:
 |
| After the red paint, it too got a nice charcoal glaze on it. I might end up putting this in my guest room instead of selling it. |
3 comments:
Heather, these were so fun to see!! Great job on every piece. I LOVE the end table you kept with the white paint--what a transformation!
very very nice. I LOVE the end table you ended up keeping. great job! i'm so excited to see you next month. i'm running more; i did 2.5 miles in 30 minutes last night. i know, i know, you could do that in like 15-20 minutes, but i'm getting back into it. ;-)
You rock, girl!!!
I agree that you definitely needed to keep that awesome end table!
Post a Comment