THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

July 3, 2008

182 mile Wasatch Back Relay Race

We Did it!!! Can we eat now?Ok, so I know I'm crazy but a couple of co-workers of mine talked me into running the Wasatch Back relay race on June 19-20. It spanned from Logan to Park City (182 miles) in about 32 hours of A LOT of running and little sleep. When I had to force myself out of the van to run my last leg of 5.5 miles, I was so exhausted, hungry and sore.... I did the unthinkable.... I wished that I would rather be in labor, unmedicated (it would have felt a lot better!). The picture is of us (Van #1) after we finished our last legs of running. Afterward we all treated ourselves to a hamburger and fries. In the end, now that's it's all over, I'm really glad I did it, though it will take a lot of convincing to get me to do it again. I had made a goal to myself that I wanted to run a marathon before my daughter Nora's first birthday. I feel like this was close enough! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job Heather! You are a champ. I think walking 3 miles in the morning is enough for me forever hehe. See you tomorrow!

Shannon said...

C-R-A-Z-Y!!! That's what you are! But way to go! You won't catch me doing that...ever! :)

Liberti said...

Way to go - we saw people running and I just felt bad for them. -I got tired watching!!

Miss Heather said...

I had no idea you did the relay race. A bunch of my friends at work did too!! I was still recovering from surgery (and in Disneyland) so I didn't... but I thought about it. GOOD FOR YOU!! And thanks for the note. You are the best. We need to play soon!

Unknown said...

You are one hot mama! AMAZING!

I love your family picture too! You look great!