Dave for the life of him is trying to convert me to winter outdoor sports and activities.... I am trying my hardest to "get into them," but it's just the dang cold, I honestly hate being cold. But, when we had temperatures up in the 50's last Saturday, I was pretty excited to get outside myself. We drove up to Sundance and went snowshoeing with Nora in the hiking backpack. She loved it, and I will admit Dave... I had a good time too.Except for the part when I fell backward in the deep snow and couldn't get up no matter what I did because my snowshoes were buried so deep down. Dave just laughed and took pictures at the sight of my helplessness.
February 24, 2009
Nora's (and Heather's) First Snowshoeing Trip...
Posted by Heather Whitworth at 10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Look at you guys being adventurous! I'm with ya, I don't like the cold either. Nora's glasses are so cute! Were those prescription sun glasses?
I love that Dave took pictures of you struggling in the snow. What a nice husband! Reminds me of mine... I can't believe how tall Nora looks--and grown up too. Crazy how time flies! Can't wait to see you guys again. Someday.
Lincoln has been trying to get me into this one too!
It looks cold!
I've been trying to do the same thing that Dave's trying to get you to do! I don't like snow, so I'm trying to force myself to like it by playing in it. We went snowshoeing a few days ago up rock canyon. It was so fun! Then we tried to go cross country skiing the other night, but they were closed...sad day! We're going to try again this weekend!
I am with you on the cold thing. I don't like winter sports! Looks like you guys had fun though, and it's so great that you are taking Nora with you on your adventures!
where are the pictures of you falling in the snow? And I love Nora's glasses. I am jealous that you have enough snow to do that. We just got six inches this week and that was a record. I want a foot or two of snow to play in. I do miss that.
Glad to see you having fun! There's nothing better than a day in the snow to cure the winter blues. We're hoping for one more ski day before it's all gone!
So fun! I will NEVER get into winter sports, so I will live vicariously through you.
How fun! I love that you got stuck, that's hilarious, I would have loved to have been there, I could have given you a good ol' whitewash!!! Haha! Just kidding. Love you girl.
Post a Comment