THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

Another year of trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, eating candy and figuring out costumes has come to a close.  I must admit though, this year was pretty fun.  Nora had such a good time coordinating "bug" costumes with her baby brother and going out and getting candy, candy, candy!  Too bad it rained most of the time for trick-or-treating though.  Thank goodness the first half of the day was nice weather for my race.  I ran the Halloween Half Marathon in the morning.  It was crazy and fun to see 2,500 runners dressed up in costumes...

  Me, I attempted to be a cheerleader... key word is "attempted."  I made some legwarmers out of the arms of a sweatshirt, pulled out my cheerleading skirt from 8th grade, sucked in my baby gut, safety-pinned up the back (because it was so tight) and called it good.  Like I said.... attempted.
My Finishers medal.  My goal was to get under 2 hours.  I got 1:58... Cutting it pretty close but did it!


This was Nora's "real" costume this year... the clown costume she wore at Pumkinland in the last post was all her idea!

Isn't she cute?

Stratton the Bumblebee and Nora the Ladybug... Too adorable!

Me and my two Bugs... Thanks Grandma Black for getting the costumes for us!

Buzz...Buzz....  Strat's first Halloween!

I asked her to make a sad face because it was raining.  Good try Nora, not all that convincing.  It stopped raining about an hour later and we went back out.... She had so much fun jumping in the puddles running from house to house filling her bucket up with candy.

3 comments:

The Pierce Family said...

I thought I recognized that Cheerleading skirt! Go Colts! Cutest Halloween costumes ever. Sorry to hear it rained--sounds like you made the best of it though.

McArthur Family said...

Your family photos are darling and I love your cheerleader costume!!

Shannon said...

So cute!! I love those bug costumes! And it makes me sick that you can even get the 8th grade cheerleader skirt on. If I tried to fit anything on from 8th grade...well, let's just say it could be funny! :) I love the medal! Maybe I should make it a goal to run that race next year so I can have such an awesome pirate medallion :) You rock!