Well, these days, $4.11 does not go very far.... You could maybe buy a gallon of gas, a greasy fast food sandwich or a used book at D.I. What I got for $4.11 today got me A LOT (with the help of some couponing). Ever since I made the decision to not work next year (aka: not bring any income into the home), I have been trying to cut our food budget all I can. It's actually kind of fun, and sort of a rush when you have a tab of $62.00 and after all the coupons are scanned, I only have to pay $4.11! Here's what I got:
--30 lbs. of American Beauty Pasta (yes 30 lbs. That's about a years supply for one person)
--10 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce
--3 tubs of Country Time Pink Lemonade (Smith's actually PAID me $1.00 each to take them out of the store!)
| Nora is pretty excited because she eats pasta like it's going out of business. |
4 comments:
Hmmm. I think you have just discovered your part-time job next year, that you can do at home and involve the kids, too! :-)
Way to go!! That's amazing!
I don't even know what to say to this, Heather!! It is just so awesome you can get great deals like that. I can MAYBE find a can of diet coke here for about $4.00 and that's if I'm lucky!
Heather,
That is so awesome! I love getting a good deal. I guess that's the Irene in us. Let me know when you get another deal like this and I will go with you.
Lisa
Post a Comment