Let me back up the title of this blog with why I say this....
Last spring, Dave came home with all these 2x4's and insisted he was going to make our garden bigger and better this year. I just smiled, gave him an "ok babe" look and went back to whatever I was doing at the time. After a few hours, Dave had managed to build these huge 12 foot trellises in the garden. I was sceptical at first more with the way they looked, but after the plants started taking to them and growing sooooo TALL, I realized it was pretty cool. The only downfall is that I was never tall enough to get to the tip tops of them and was always complaining to Dave that "I'm not tall enough!" I was finding myself jumping to try to pick beans (Ummm, K? That's a first). So, I had to crack up when I came out this morning and saw Dave and Nora like THIS:
 |
| Yep, even Daddy's not tall enough! And he's 6'8" |
 |
| Reeeeach Nora! Good Bean pickin' girl. |
 |
| Great team work guys! |
 |
| And the rewards! |
 |
| Here's what these crazy trellises look like from a ways back. This picture was taken about a month ago. I know it looks like an overgrown jungle, but I promise, there is some order to the madness (at least that's what Dave says). |
 |
| More rewards.... We planted our peach trees 3 years ago when we moved into our house and we are FINALLY getting some descent peaches now. Those are Dave's hands in the pic and his hands are pretty massive... The peaches rocked and did not last long in our house. I love harvest season! |
4 comments:
LOVE it!
Nora is a great little gardener! One of my favorite photos of her at our house is the one of her holding an armful of oranges...
HAHAHA! Yeah - that's a first I'm sure. Awesome that Dave wasn't tall enough either. :) Good thing you have a good little gardener.
Those bean plants are hilarious.
That's wonderful! I love your garden...and peaches, how glorious!
Post a Comment