THE WHITWORTH FAMILY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

March 27, 2012

Stratton's 2nd Birthday

This hurricane of a kid turned 2 last week and he is such a crack-up and joy in our family.   I think this picture pretty much says it all....

Yes, he insists on feeding himself!
 We celebrated his big day with a family pizza party with car cake and ice cream.  Strat's favorite thing on the planet these days is cars and trucks, but mostly cars characters from the movie.  Thus, every gift he got was a type of car item.  He was in heaven.  We love you Strat Attack!  Happy Birthday Buddy!

And at his 2 year check-up Strat's Stats were:
Height:  38 inches (off the charts)
Weight:  38.5 lbs. (off the charts)


I am so happy I got this expression on camera.  He had just woken up from his nap and I showed him his Birthday cake for the first time... pure joy and excitement was his reaction.  He was also shaking and screaming "cars, cars, cars!"

His race car cake.  2 cake rounds put together and frosted, so easy to make!

Sittin' on his favorite uncles lap, getting happy birthday sung to him... He was in heaven!

Blew them both out himself!

First taste of his Birthday cake... Notice Lighting McQueen hasn't left his side.

Or Mater....

Cars and more car stuff!


The next day we made cookies with him wearing his new cars apron... Look how good he is doing!  Not bad for a 2 year old!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute! And Nora's hair is getting so long!

Lauren said...

Can't believe he's 2! Love love love the cake Heather :)

Unknown said...

He weighs as much as Brigham. BIG STRONG GUY!

The Pierce Family said...

Such a cute boy, Heather. Loved that cake too. He weighs more than my almost 5-year old (1 pound more), and she's only 2 inches taller than he is, which is CRAZY! He's going to be taller than Jocelyn soon! He's so cute--can't wait to try to win him over again this summer.

Erin said...

I am totally copying this for Chaz's 2nd birthday. LOVE it. I was wondering when his birthday was--18th? What a cute boy. I think he might weigh as much as Ella now! Wow! Can't wait to see you guys.

Elissa said...

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but you spelled Stratton's name wrong:) I misspell Caitlin all the time on the computer: Cailtin.

Clynn'sKathy said...

What. An. AMAZING. Cake.
(Only you, Heather, would call it "easy.")
:-)